Home | Techie Talk | Story Time | About | Contact

Monday, March 03, 2008

User friendly ATM????


 
 
I really can't understand why the ATMs in this part of the world have such interfaces.


Every time, when I insert the card to withdraw some amount it prompts for the Language.

When I choose my Language it will ask for the Account Type - Saving or Current

When this data is provided, it will ask "Do you need a print out for the transaction?"

... and only when all these information is provided it will ask for the PIN number and proceed the transaction. This is same for all Banks, here.

Leave the PIN number.

Why aren't the other information not being stored in the card (or somewhere), when I provide them for the first time??? I don't change these information very frequently and I guess even others don't.

I m feeling very tired of keying these information, every time [:-(]
Hope I m not the only one.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Arul said...

I think we can have typical and Custom type f transaction.One will ask the all the details which is current type..Anoter one with your expectation.

So that when people know that they did not change anything with thier account they can go for typical and do the transaction well fast.
Other case they can give enough info to the ATM machine to get thier money [:)-]

What you say?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Prathees R said...

Arul:

Yes are right, but don't ask me to select this Transaction Type every time [;-)]

Get these information only once when I m using the ATM for the first time.

In future for those who need to change these details, let them go to More Options and have all such settings there.

I know I m asking too much for simple things [;-)]

cheers,
Vetty Officer.

5:09 AM  
Blogger N.V.Prashanth said...

I think the debit cards should have info abt the accnt. Say if I have only savings accnt with the bank, it shud not throw the option at all. Similarly if I insert a credit card, it should know tht it is credit card. Not all that difficult I guess.

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Bank Information said...

Nice Post!...

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home